Every morning I scour the web and look at the latest ads (in any medium) from around the non-US world. Then I post for you my Ad of the Day. Some days it will be awesome, some days you might not like it. But it’s the Ad of the Day!
- Agency: Del Campo Nazca Saatchi & Saatchi
- Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Client: BGH Air Conditioners (BGH is an electronic appliances brand)
- Name: “Dads wearing tightie whities” (tightie whities = slips = tight underwear)
VO: Summer arrives, and with it, the terror of every family…dads wearing tightie whities
SUPER: Dress them up with a BGH silent air
- Why I like it: Let’s face it, air conditioners are not the most exciting product around, and I can think of 1,000 boring briefs and 1,000 resulting boring ads. But this one starts with a strong insight (we can be defenseless against the heat in summer) , builds with a great, funny creative idea (what is a more horrible result than your dad walking around in tightie whities?), and caps it off with a nice execution, including an epic soundtrack and slick black&white cinematography. That’s a talented agency, folks. And, importantly, a client that is clearly willing to take chances. If this brand and this agency rings a bell, it’s because they were featured last week in this great case study, this time for microwaves.
Normally I don’t include campaigns, but I couldn’t resist sharing the second ad in this campaign. The translation is “Is there something more humiliating that seeing your dad act like a cool dude in front of your friends? Yes. When he does it in his tightie whities. Fathers in slips. Dress them up with a BGH silent air.”