Your daily dose of advertising awesomeness from around the world!
- Agency: Vitro
- Location: New York
- Client: Asics (running shoes)
- Name: Treadmill Challenge
- Category: Experiential
- Why I like it: How much mun! Different, eye-catching, timely, relevant and linked to the brand seamlessly. Just lovely. Of late I’ve seen quite a few experiential stunts where the only thing experiential about them is that they happen live in a mall or plaza, and what follows is some sort of muted interaction, often quite passive. We should push the envelope on the “experience” part of it, much, much further! Here they do. How many of the runners among us wouldn’t love to try this out? Either participating or viewing, what you walk away with is a true experience – the feeling of running at world-class athlete pace – and it’s not just a mental thing, it’s absolutely physical, you feel it in every muscle. This is great multi-sensorial marketing, and it leaves a mark.
Every morning I scour the web and look at the latest ads (in any medium) from around the non-US world. Then I post for you my Ad of the Day. Some days it will be awesome, some days you might not like it. But it’s the Ad of the Day!
- Agency: Three Drunk Monkeys (is there a better name for a small agency?!?!)
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Client: Ice Break (an ice coffee drink)
- Name: “Paul”
- Why I like it: Somewhat reminiscent of the Carling Ad of the Day from a few days ago, this short video is an example of turning nothing (or close to nothing) into something interesting, fresh and inspiring, merely by really thinking, daring, and following through. The end result was very solid, inexpensive, buzz worthy and (importantly) well attuned to the personality of the brand. I’d bet there is a case study similar to this in every single agency around the world…just waiting to be uncovered and brought to life. Why not you? Cheers to the folks at Three Drunk Monkeys, coming to us all the way from Sydney!