Your daily dose of advertising awesomeness from around the world!
- Agency: Try/Apt
- Location: Oslo
- Client: Lofoten (fish burgers)
- Name: Hold the cod
- Category: Web film
- Why I like it: Bring on the silliness. And why not? Fish burgers sound like a dull product to advertise. So you take the creative approach: build a story around the product, personify the brand (in this case, the place town where the brand originates), add a humor, drive the narrative with quirky/interesting characters, don’t be afraid to push into crazy territory – (seriously, don’t be afraid because this is key), and once you hook them, deliver the message clearly and attractively. It’s a clear-cut formula that is easier to recite than to execute. But it’s worth the effort, and the proof is in the result: in this case a wonderfully odd little film from Norway.
Every morning I scour the web and look at 10 random ads (in any medium) from around the non-US world. Then I post for you my Ad of the Day. Some days it will be awesome, some days you might not like it. But it’s the Ad of the Day!
- Agency: Try/Apt
- Location: Oslo, Norway
- Client: DnB NOR (a Norwegian bank)
- Name: “Lucky in life”
- Translation: “Some people are lucky in life”
- “For the rest of us, saving up can be smart”
“S for Saving Plan”
“DnB NOR – Bank from A to Z”
- Why I like it: This ad doesn’t take itself too seriously, and Clooney is as charming as always, and pretty much ensures the impact and memorability. Furthermore, it was well executed – the devil is always in the details, and here they are just right; the horse mask, the disheveled room, her raging hangover…in fact it all had a funny “The Hangover” vibe about it. Overall, this really worked for me!